what we're about

Attempts to illuminate our brief mortal existence

Friday, April 29, 2011

For the birds...


Every once in a while I just have to stop and look at birds. They're so amazing to me, especially the tiny, common ones that hop around the streets where I live. I saw a robin tonight on my way to grab some internet access, and I was struck all over again with the thought of that tiny package of feathers and legs being alive. It shares my world, but my view of the world would be totally unrecognizable to it. It has it's own, completely separate view of the world. Just think about it: we live in the same space, and yet it looks like two totally different places. The world suddenly seems bigger when I think about it that way.

Photo: European Robin (Erithacus Rubecula) Taken by Francisco Marzoa

No comments:

Post a Comment